BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Puerto Rican Day Festival



I went to the Puerto Rican day festival in Spanish Harlem (116th and 3rd Av) today.
Even the rain could not stop us from dancing to reggaeton, salsa and bachata. I saw four people with boa constrictors. Not a big fan of snakes but I was actually not bothered by them. I took a picture of the mosaic by Manuel Vega, a Puerto Rican artist and Candomble priest of Oxossi. He did another one of Yemaya in the same location. These two mosaics are located in the 110th street subway station on the 6 line. It is absolutely beautiful. Kao Kabiosille Shango!!!

4 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am green with envy! I miss my dancing salsa, merengue and bachata! I was on the phone with my nephew today and he was telling me that he was going dancing at one of my favorite places in Astoria. Nothing big, but the owner knows me, so I used to get all the music I wanted. Oh the nostalgia....

Thanks for your contribution on my blog today!

Filho de Logunede said...

Plantain Green with envy? :)
I love Astoria. They have the best restaurants for any kind of ethnic food you desire. I was there 2 Sundays ago at a Marriage Equality rally with my godbrother.

Magaly Guerrero said...

Okay, now you are just being cruel on purpose! OMG, the food!!! That's what I miss the most about being home in Queens. I better run a few extra miles tomorrow because I'm going home at the end of the month and I'm planning to eat for two... or three if they have any tostones and fried fish ;)

Shanali Inchaustegui said...

Absolutely love my train stop ;) That Festival was da bomb with you and my cousins Dom. Thanks for spending the day over here! Our honorary Pinoy Rican ;)