BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 04, 2010

Dawn of a New Era


New Year, New decade, New era. I really feel that we are ushering into a new point in history where humanity is going to be more open minded. However there is always the reaction and resistance to this. There are those who feel threatened by this. I saw an example of this on New Year's Day. I was on the bus and was listening to a Jamaican Rastafarian man and a Muslim woman converse. Despite their different faiths, they had similar viewpoints on God and spirituality in general. I felt drawn to their conversation and kept listening. However two Evangelical Christian girls got very upset with this conversation. First of all it was rude on their part to interrupt two people who were not talking to them. They asked the woman why she was talking to the Rastafarian. Then they called him "a lying spirit, which they rebuked and binded in the name of Jesus." Now sitting across from them, I told the two women they were negative. For all their supposed piety and holiness, they looked positively demonic when they were rebuking the gentleman. Their faces were filled with such hate and contempt. This is not the message of Christ just a bunch of hypocrites at work. Now if some elder African American grandmother from the South was doing the rebuking, I'd say wow look out! However two twenty something holier than thou chicas, I think not! It takes more than that to scare me! A Haitian man joined in and started telling the Muslim woman she had no Savior and Jesus this and Jesus that. I struck up a conversation with the woman and the Rastafarian and it seems the three of us had similar viewpoints.
A friend of mine once said in the physical world opposite energies attract, in the world of spirit like energies attract. This is what was at work this day. The Rastafarian blessed both of us and told us to continue the good work that we were doing. I felt validated by Spirit that I am on the right path and will continue to be in service to the Divine.

2 comments:

DavidASosa said...

Jesus is inclusive in his ministry and wasnt about rebuking but making sure things were good in the name of his father. I just had this long conversation about how we are all connected by "spirit" and by humanity, t denounce one another is pointless and in essence denouncing ourselves. We are all of the same creator, accountable for ourselves, and all the same imperfect human beings. ALl we can do is live and let live in order to have true inner peace and world peace.

Filho de Logunede said...

@Senor David Sosa :)I can see Jesus as an aspect of the Divine, but then again I can see Osiris, Krishna, and other beings of light in the same way. I kind of like the Islamic view of Jesus in the Koran. I was raised Catholic but ever since making ocha, I've been seeing the marked differences between the concept of God in the Yoruba religion and in the Judeo-Chrisitian-Islamic faiths. They are some distinct differences in how God is viewed. In either case, like you said we all are of the same Source, the same Creator. Ashe.