BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Let Go and Let God



Being the stubborn Taurus that I am, I am often hard headed. Whilst contemplaiting last night I realized I am like that man in the Bible, Baalam. He was the one who was trying to force his donkey to move. The donkey would not because there was a huge angel with a sword blocking the road. The donkey saw the angel but he could not. He then preceded to beat the poor animal but then God gave the donkey a voice who then protested at the beating and described the angel. Then the veil seemed to lift over Baalam's eyes and he saw the angel.
Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and we get in the way of our progress. Instead of allowing things to happen, we try to control every aspect.
The lesson here is to let go and allow the grace of the Divine to do its work.

4 comments:

Ana Martell " La Barbilona" said...

Nice post, but reading this and knowing im at apoint where i am going against the grain... its easier said than done, between pride and wishful thinking.. i dont know which one is the one that holds me back....
"The lesson here is to let go and allow the grace of the Divine to do its work." .... But eventually i will give in.. .:)

kudos on the post

omi said...

ase.

one of the fundamental lessons of being human seems to be the balancing act between free will and this surrender to the Divine...

thank you for this message.

DavidASosa said...

I am amazed at how spirit talks to one and it reflects and finds meaning to those that read it. This is a prime example. I am learning know one can being me down but me, I have no one to compete with but me, I have one person I really NEED to take care of and thats me. I am all for helping and giving others and even pleasing them, but to a different extent. Being a Iyawo is giving me new perspective into a new life. Part of my ceremony and the emotional level it took me to, was letting go and giving up to faith in God, Ochun, my godparents. I was blessed because of it.

Filho de Logunede said...

Thanks everyone for the comments!